The Plato Academy PTO is a very busy group. In addition to fundraising and hosting monthly meetings, the PTO organizes special events such as the Ice Cream Social, Parent’s Night Out, Holiday Lunches, a variety of FUNdraisers, Teacher Appreciation Week and community service projects.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Throughout the year, the PTO will place sign up sheets in the foyer asking for volunteers for upcoming events. For a list of upcoming opportunities, check out PTO 2019-20. Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Holiday Program and Luncheon
- Holiday PTO Sponsored Lunch
- Vasilopita Celebration
- Valentine’s Day PTO Sponsored Lunch
- Apokreatiko/Mardi Gras
- St. Baldrick’s Event
- Greek Independence Day Program/PTO Bake Sale
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- End of the Year Program/All School Picnic
The PTO meets each month at our school at 9am. All Plato adults – parents, guardians, teachers and staff – are always welcome and encouraged to join the fun by attending the meetings and participating in our special events and fundraisers. The PTO is a great way to meet other Plato Academy families while supporting our school! Connect with the Plato PTO on Facebook!
The PTO hosts several fundraising activities/events throughout the year. Our fundraisers include, but are not limited to, Manna Express Gift Cards (Monthly/Holidays), Box Tops (All Year), Restaurant Fundraisers (All Year), Coupon Books (Fall), Fannie May (Spring/Easter), Gift Wrap (Holidays), Bake Sales (October, December, March), Super Bowl Squares (February) and NCAA Brackets (March).
- Gift Cards: Families can signup to purchase gift cards and have a percentage donated back to Plato. There are two ways to participate:
- Register and pay online: www.shopwithscrip.com. Directions: Shop with Scrip Registration Directions.pdf. Plato Academy Enrollment Code: 9C3358C95927L
- When the office places an order (notifications will be sent in Parent Notes), email the office with your order (i.e. 5 x $10 Starbucks cards, 2 x $25 Panera cards, etc.) and your account will be billed accordingly.
- AmazonSmile: Plato is also registered for AmazonSmile. With AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate a portion of your sales total back to us, at no extra cost to you! Please sign up your Amazon account to benefit Plato Academy. Visit http://smile.amazon.com/ch/36-4246600 to select Plato Academy as your charitable organization. Here are simple directions: Amazon Smile Directions.png. Remember to visit smile.amazon.com when you shop, and Amazon does the rest! *Make sure to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com on your computer or mobile device to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
- Restaurant/Business Fundraiser Dates: We sign up with several restaurants and businesses to host fundraiser nights throughout the school year. Our families can simply visit on the date specified and let them know you’re supporting Plato Academy. They’ll then donate a portion of their proceeds back to our school. These fundraiser events are a great way for family and friends to also support Plato Academy, so spread the word!
PTO Cares was started last year to support our amazing staff and teachers during significant life events. For more information, please contact Chairwoman Cindy Wood.