The Plato Academy PTO is a very busy group. In addition to fundraising and hosting monthly meetings, the PTO organizes special events such as the Ice Cream Social, Parent’s Night Out, Holiday Lunches, a variety of FUNdraisers, Teacher Appreciation Week and community service projects.
The PTO meets each month at our school at 9:30 am. All Plato adults – parents, guardians, teachers and staff – are always welcome and encouraged to join the fun by attending the meetings and participating in our special events and fundraisers. The PTO is a great way to meet other Plato Academy families while supporting our school! Connect with the Plato PTO on Facebook!
Our PTO is happy to announce a new initiative, PTO Cares! Through PTO Cares, our PTO will support our amazing staff and teachers during significant life events. For more information, please contact Chairwoman Cindy Wood.
Upcoming PTO Meeting Dates (Wednesday at 9:30am)
May 2 – Final PTO meeting
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Throughout the year, the PTO will place sign up sheets in the foyer asking for volunteers for upcoming events. Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- October 6 – Lee Denim Day/Bake Sale
- October 31 – PTO Sponsored Hot Lunch
- December 21 – Holiday PTO Sponsored Lunch
- January 9 – Vasilopita Celebration (Volunteers Needed to Bake)
- February 14 – PTO Sponsored Valentine’s Day Lunch/Pajama Day
- February 18 – Apokreatiko Family Dinner Dance/Mardi Gras Party (Committee Needed)
- March 23 – Greek Independence Day Program/PTO Bake Sale
- April TBD – PTO Family Night
- May 7-11 Teacher Appreciation Week
- June 1 – End of the Year Program/All School Picnic
The PTO hosts several fundraising activities/events throughout the year. Our fundraisers include, but are not limited to, Manna Express Gift Cards (Monthly/Holidays), Box Tops (All Year), Restaurant Fundraisers (All Year), Coupon Books (Fall), Fannie May (Spring/Easter), Gift Wrap (Holidays), Bake Sales (October, March), Super Bowl Squares (February) and NCAA Brackets (March).
In addition to the above fundraisers, Plato is also registered for AmazonSmile. With AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate a portion of your sales total back to us, at no extra cost to you! Please sign up your Amazon account to benefit Plato Academy. Visit http://smile.amazon.com/ch/36-4246600 to select Plato Academy as your charitable organization. Here are simple directions: Amazon Smile Directions.png. Remember to visit smile.amazon.com when you shop, and Amazon does the rest! *Make sure to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com on your computer or mobile device to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
Restaurant/Business Fundraiser Dates
We have signed up with the following restaurants and businesses to host fundraiser nights throughout the school year. Simply visit on the date below and let them know you’re supporting Plato Academy. They’ll then donate a portion of their proceeds back to our school. Some fundraiser nights will require a flyer that will be distributed via Parent Notes as the date approaches. These fundraiser events are a great way for family and friends to also support Plato Academy, so spread the word!
- Monday, October 23, 4-8pm: Chipotle (7020 N Mannheim Road, Rosemont, IL, 60018)
- Thursday, November 16, 4-10pm: Culver’s (7050 Mannheim Rd, Rosemont, IL 60018)
- Friday, December 8, 3-9pm: Chuck E. Cheese (41 W Rand Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60004)
For more information on events and volunteer opportunities, please email the PTO board members: