Plato Academy’s curriculum reflects how children truly learn. The educational program at Plato Academy stems from the belief that children gain a more thorough understanding of a subject if they experience it holistically. Plato Academy believes that play is an important component of children’s learning and development. The importance of play in the classroom cannot be overlooked. Children engage in imaginative play in order to explore something that is of importance to them. Research shows that play provides children with the skills, time and space they need to explore and figure out the world around them. Play not only enhances their problem solving and critical thinking skills, but it also teaches them how to process emotions and interact with others.
- Children’s dialogue within play is more complex than their dialogue outside of play
- What children imagine in play allows them to interpret the past, understand the present and predict the future
- Curiosity is underemphasized in the classroom, but research shows that it is one of the strongest markers of academic success. (Read More…)
- We are born creative geniuses and the education system dumbs us down, according to NASA scientists (Read More…)
- Kids are so over-scheduled that doctors are being told to prescribe play. (Read More…)